XANSYS Forum Index
    Register    

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    SmartFeedSmartFeed    Profile    Log in
[STRUC] Simulation of Crack by using Cohesion Zone Model (CZ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS
umesh.shrestha
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:52 am  Reply with quote

<![endif]-->
Dear XANSYS members,

I am modeling a micro level masonry wall subjected to lateral loads. The brick unit and mortar is defined by SOLID65 element with concrete failure criteria.

I modeled the contact in between them by using contact pairs TARGE170 and CONTA174. Then Cohesion Zone Model (CZM) defined by using TB,CZM command and also debonding parameters was assigned. The CZM material ID was assigned in contact pair. I changed the default KEYOPT(2) to Penalty method, KEYOPT(5) Auto adjustment to Close gap, KEYOPT(9) Initial gap Excluded. And I tried KEYOPT(12) with all the options like Bonded, Bonded (always), No Separation…….. And I assigned frictional coefficient and cohesion. Other all are set to default. I checked the CNCHECK and it was written debonding is defined.

I increased the load step in very small interval. The solution was done. The normal stress and tangential stress in the interfaces exceeded the maximum stresses assigned in CZM material but I could not find any crack or debonding effect in the solution.

I don’t know what’s wrong in my modeling, Can you suggest me, how could I simulate crack or debonding effect in my model?

I am using Student Version ANSYS 13.0.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Umesh Shahu Shrestha
Graduate Student
University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
akram.hassan
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:00 am  Reply with quote

Hi Umesh,
I saw your post in Xansys, and figured out that was posted long time ago, and might have solved your issue with bonded contact. Im running into the same problem and wonder if you can help me decide what parameters should I use for bonded contact (e.g. FKN,FKT, etc.). My problem is Im modeling FRP strengthened RC member, having debonding at the interface between concrete and FRP. So, Im using contact 173 and target 170 for the contact pair. I run into a convergence problem right around cracking load and my solution never passes the crack load. Please if you have any suggestions on how to set the contact parameters and key opts, I would really appreciate it,

Akram Jawdhari,
PhD candidate,
University of Kentucky
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS