XANSYS Forum Index
    Register    

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    SmartFeedSmartFeed    Profile    Log in
WB - Detection of hotspots.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS
remi.bouton
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 am  Reply with quote

Hi,

I've made an Excel which can run WB easily, I can then update the Excel file with the maximum stress in specific welding beads.

But as you may know the maximum stress is not always the real maximum because of hotspots, mostly on edges and angled geometry.

I would like to detect automatically the hotspots and the update the Excel with the real maximum stress but the only technique I know is to color the maximum on the scale on purple and enter the previous value with the Re/4 stress limit according to a safety coefficient of 4 chosen. Then when the calculation is done I can see If there are hotspots or not, if so I will see tiny purple spots, if not, an area will be colored which indicates the stress limit as been exceeded. But that technique is visual, I need a method I could calculate to update my Excel file with it.

To me, a hotspots can be detected when the ratio stress/volume is high, which means that to many stress are detected on a too small volume.

Another technique uses the deformation energy that I can compare to the stress and then determine if the energy is too high for a small deformation which indicate that tghe stress is too high on a single spot.

Anyone as already done that for a "not visual" analysis ?

RB.

remi.bouton
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:32 am  Reply with quote

up ?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS